This is a general reference sheet to phrases and words in non-Common languages that are not simply fake versions of real non-English languages. Feel free to edit this page with terms your characters use, so that both you and others can use them and look them up to be remembered.
- Native word for the Mindsea, the collective subconscious network that joins all Shen'ihr.
- Madness; insanity; mental illness resulting in delusions
- "Little Crazy One," an affectionate term for a child with too much energy.
- A Shen'ihr born with natural ki powers, enabled by special cellular bodies.
- A profane expression of vehement frustration or outrage. On par with the F-bomb in English.
- The cellular cluster housed inside the corpus callosum of the brain, responsible for the production of psionic powers. The word is also synonymous with 'mind' as a thinking entity. A separate word is used for the rest of the brain.
- A Shen'ihr who is born with natural psionic powers.
- Also spelled without the hyphen, Venedai is a special term used to refer to Shen'ihr who dabble in abominable powers, or have been outcast from society for some grievous offense.
- Undead, or literally, "empty lifeing"
- Slang for an artificial intelligence that takes on traits of personhood, especially when taking the form of a humanoid. The word does not literally translate, but rather, is a reference to a cultural tale somewhat similar to that of Pinocchio, where a puppet comes to life by way of magic and aspires to become a real person. In the Taerian tale, however, it soon finds itself to be better than real people, and tries to control them as they once controlled it.